WELCOME

My name is Kevin Mcnelley. I love college football. So I decided to start a blog to keep people up to date with college football news. Please respond to my posts. I would love your comments. I'm no web page designer, so it make not look that great. sorry. Thanks for viewing my page. Oh yeah, and please check out the ads on my page they are sports related. Lots of awesome sports item available. Lots of these items are hard to find. Thanks

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mike Leach wants a 64 Team Playoff



 While there's been a lot of support for a playoff in college football coming from people in power lately, something tells me that head football coach Mike Leach of Washington States idea for a college football playoff is never going to fly. He's proposing a 64 team playoff. The downside to it is there will be alot of schols with 6-6 records playing in it. The upside to it is that the small schools, like Florida Atlantic, orTroy State would get a chance to play for a National Championship if they ran the table. This system would prove to the college football world  if a smaller conference school could hold it's own with a powerhouse like the SEC.
   I have supported the idea of a playoff in college football for just about my entire adult life.  I understand the concept behind Mike Leach thinking, but the idea of a 64-team playoff in college football will is stretching it way to far. There's already enough uproar over the idea of a 6-6 team qualifying for a bowl game, I can only imagine what people would say when 5-5 teams, or maybe 4-6 teams, qualified for a playoff. 
   I hope to see a playoff implemented in college football. In the years past some teams, (Auburn 2004) have been cheated out of a chance to play for the title. A system needs to be put into place that will allow a true champion to be crowned. Read more about a 64 team playoff here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts